Does it make sense to convert a “powder” half bathroom to full bathroom? There are mixed reviews on whether to take the plunge and add that bathtub/shower area to an existing half bathroom. Here are some factors to consider.
- Where is the half bathroom located?
- Does the half bathroom have the needed space to create the space needed?
- How does the market value differ from having a full bathroom rather than a half bathroom?
Find the answers to the above questions. (see below)
- The half bathroom was located in the master bedroom making shower accessibility convenient for the homeowner.
- The existing closet area provided the space for 123 Remodeling to design/install a full sized shower area.
- Location of Lincoln Park noticed a large price differential from a 1.5 bathroom home to a 2 bathroom layout.
What We Did:
BATHROOM SIZE: 6′ x 12′
SINK: Pedestal Porcelain
SHOWER: Standing Rainfall Shower
TOILET: Traditional One Piece
HARDWARE FINISH: Polished Stainless Steel
SHOWER TILE: Marble ceramic tile & Mosaic tile
FLOOR TILE: Gray Wood-grained ceramic tile
TILE MATERIAL: Ceramic
WALL COLOR: Off White
- removed wall and existing closet space
- installed shower area – base, water & drain systems
- custom built in-wall shelving in shower area
- replaced hardwood flooring w/ wood grained ceramic tile
- installed existing sink, toilet and accessories
- paint walls, frame-less glass door, vent system
IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF A HOME REMODEL – Contact Us for a free no obligation In-Home Consultation.