What we did
- Demo of entire bathroom
- There was extensive water damage to the floor and shower from bad waterproofing, so the subfloor was rotten.
- We ripped everything out, and packed up the toilet and vanity to reinstall later.
- Frame new shower
- This bathroom is shaped a bit awkwardly, and the original shower took up a large portion of it.
- The new shower is a compact rectangle, which looks much cleaner and gives a more functional floorplan.
- The shower walls are white, marble-look ceramic, and the floor is a taupe hexagonal porcelain.
- Custom glass swinging enclosure
- New plumbing with wider diameter
- While we were in there, we found that the plumbing was old, falling apart, and not up to code.
- We replaced it with fresh pipes that should be good for years to come (and provide better water pressure).
- The subflooring was rotten from water build up, and had a major slope problem, thus the tile was cracking and ruined.
- We leveled the floor and installed new gray, marble-look ceramic (blending the shower floor and wall so everything is cohesive).
- We also used epoxy grout, which is a little more difficult to install, but creates a tighter bond to prevent future water damage to the subfloor.
Check out more bathroom remodeling ideas
Remodel Your Home
If you live in Chicago or the surrounding area, call us today for a free consultation (773) 685-6095, or click the button below:
[button style=”btn-warning btn-large” url=”http://123remodeling.com/free-consultation/” size=”” block=”false” target=”_self”]Schedule a Free Consultation[/button]