123 Remodeling’s collection of “Fun, Free, Family Events” in Chicago. Occurs in the month of February 2016 and FREE for general admission – detailed information provided below. Click on the images to see in full size.
Brookfield Zoo – Ice Skating – Field Museum – Shedd Aquarium – Adler Planetarium – Farmer’s Market – Neighborhoods of the World
1. Brookfield Zoo – houses around 450 species of animals in an area of 216 acres. Exhibit areas – Big cats, Bears, Dolphins, Penguins, Primates, Bison, Wolf, Amphibians, Wombat, Giraffe, Kangaroo, Rhinos, Seals, Eagles, Zebras.
“General zoo admission is FREE on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays from January 1, 2016 through February 28, 2016”
2. Ice Skating – 2 locations in downtown Chicago. Ice rink at Millenium Park and an Ice Skating Path at the Maggie Daley Skating Ribbon which is a 1/4 mile long. Enjoy beautiful scenic skylines while ice skating in both locations.
“Admission is FREE for both locations, hours for Millenium Park – 7 days/ from 8am-11pm & Maggie Daley Skating Ribbon (, “
3. Field Museum – collections of over 24 million specimens and objects that provide the basis for the museum’s scientific research programs. Check out “Sue”, the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton.
“February: 1-29 (basic admission is free for Illinois residents all month!). Please bring your valid Illinois I.D. for verification”
4. Shedd Aquarium – Largest indoor aquarium in the world, with more than 8000 aquatic animals. Special exhibitions and daily tours offered everyday.
“On 52 days throughout the year, Illinois residents with a valid ID receive free general admission to the aquarium. Monday & Tuesdays rest of February from 9am – 5pm”
5. Adler Planetarium – home to three full size theaters, extensive space science exhibitions, and a significant collection of antique scientific instruments and print materials.
“Whether you are looking for free activities for kids, want to learn more about space or take in the amazing view of the Chicago skyline, free days are a great time to stop by!”
7. Neighborhoods of the World – exploring traditions of Africa, Mexico, Greece, Lithuania, Poland, Italy, Phillipines and more. 9 week event at Navy Pier, every Sunday, view another country with authentic live music, dance, costumes, cuisine and arts. Each week offers a tour of a different country, check website for more details.
“Every Sunday from 12PM – 4PM starting Feb 21 through Apr 17 at Chicago’s Navy Pier”
123 Remodeling specializes in home remodeling from kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, and basement remodeling, to tuck-pointing/masonry, and exterior remodeling, we do it all. We do residential projects and commercial projects seen on our gallery or by location on our completed project map (over 200+ projects).
Get a Free Consultation
If you’re interested in remodeling your home and you live in one of the areas listed above, call us today for your free consultation: (773) 685-6095. Or click the button below and schedule a request for a Free Consultation: